So the title pretty much says it all . . . hi!
Also, a few more things about me:
1) I’ve been thinking about writing a blog for a long time, as in years. I haven’t done it yet out of concern about how public it is (even if I don’t put my name anywhere on here, it’s relatively easy to figure out who I am) and because social media is not my thing. But I do like communities, and mentorship, and blogging seems good for both of those things. So I figured I would give it a try and then delete everything if it turns out that this isn’t working for me.
2) I know that regular people got done being excited about starting new blogs circa 1995, but I’ve never done this before, so my excitement is new and fresh.
3) In general, technology and I are not friends. I have a flip phone and don’t understand twitter. That means that I will be spending the next several years of my life trying to figure out how this platform works, even though I think it is intended to be extremely simple and straightforward.
4) The blog is called Balloon Parade because balloons are among my most favorite things. Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtXLAKwssPQ.
5) I like lists.
6) Based on all the information above, if you know me, I guarantee you have already figured out who I am. Please don’t use my name if you decide to leave comments, though, or link my identity to this blog in any other way. I will try to stay mindful of the fact that my writing can be easily connected to me; at the same time, something just feels more comfortable about not explicitly linking my identity to this writing, at least initially.
I’ll be playing around with settings and such in the next few weeks, and probably writing more actual content as well. I’m curious to see where this adventure ends up going.